Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Indian adventure

I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the tragedies that occurred in Mumbai, India. The reason I decided to mention this was because this is directly where I am headed in less than a month. In an earlier post, I had mentioned Ben and I celebrated our anniversary early because I was leaving the day before our actual anniversary on a "BIG" trip. Well, the time has come and gone so quickly for this Indian adventure. To back up, a little insight on how this trip came about....
My brother and I were both adopted from India. I was actually born in Mumbai (formerly Bombay) and adopted at 9 months old. Sam was 8 months old when he was adopted. My aunt and uncle also adopted 4 children from India. So my aunt and uncle and cousins decided to go on this journey with everyone to see our roots. They invited me to go with them. So there will be 12 of us total that are traveling together. We will be going to Mumbai, Delhi, Agra, and Goa. Even though this craziness has recently happened, we are still set to go. I really don't feel nervous at all to go. My only reservation is that my husband and kids will not be going so I will miss them terribly (I will be gone for 2 weeks...long time without them). I am incredibly excited though. I always wanted to go to India someday......I just didn't think that "someday" was going to be so soon. The orphanage/hospital that I am from still exists so we will be visiting there. It will be an emotional and overwhelming journey for all of us, but I look forward to it. Can't wait to share all the pictures and adventures with you when I return.

11 comments:

Mandy Wollenzien said...

I can't wait to hear all about it. Be Careful!

shauna said...

Wow! What an amazing opportunity for you. Have a wonderful time!

Janalynn said...

That's exciting!! I'm sure you'll be speaking in church about the experences you'll have!! Have a Wonderful time!

Tawna Searle said...

That is the most exciting thing I've heard all year. What is Ben going to do without you, with handling the kids for two weeks on his own! Awesome, I am so excited for you. Have a splendid time, can't wait to hear all about it. I would love to go over and visit my pen pal over there I've had for 14-15 years. Wow. Have fun!!!

Tawna Searle said...

Ooh, don't forget to get a beautiful Sari!!! Ooh and for you're girls, that would be soooo cute. But then you'd have to complete the look with a suite for Ben. LOL Then where them to church =) LOL -- Just wanted to make you laugh

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

I am so excited for you - it will be such a great experience - enjoy it!!!

AIMEE said...

I am just so excited for you. What an amazing experience! We will miss you tons.

Kierstin said...

Don't forget that baby boy... hee hee... either that or you'll just have to get pregnant again!

Todd and Melissa said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! Just be safe and have fun!

Our Family News said...

I am excited for your journey--let me know how it goes.

Jean Smith said...

nal...i got chills just thinking about the adventure ahead of you. i'm not going to lie, i am dang jealous, but so excited to hear about EVERYTHING. how awesome to visit where you come from and even the orphanage...wow. loves!