My spring piano recital is over! Last night was the big night. Why do I get so nervous when all of the other students could practically be my own children? Probably because I am completely intimidated by their talent. I do practice and try, but it definitely is not natural for me. Some people have a gift. I work hard to try and just sound presentable. For this recital, all of the students played 2 songs. I played, "I Know that my Redeemer Lives" and "Fur Elise" by Beethoven. Even though I tried to stay calm, I developed sweaty and shaky hands and got a little lost on my memorized piece. Oh well, it's done and I did the best I could. This will most likely be my last recital for awhile. My wonderful piano teacher Linda is headed on a mission and is no longer going to be teaching. I was going to take a break when the baby came, but I guess I'll just start now and maybe start up again in January. I'm going to try and practice so I don't lose everything I've learned. Anyone know a great piano teacher around here? I am open for suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment