Friday, July 3, 2009

Lake Tahoe

We took a road trip to Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Ben had a seminar so the girls and I tagged along. On the way there we went as far as Elko, NV and stayed the night at a Holiday Inn Express. Bella exclaimed, "Mom, this is so cool!" They were so excited to share a bed and eat in the kitchen (continental breakfast). Ben and I looked at each other thinking....wow, we are only in Elko. Doesn't take much to please these two. When we made it to Tahoe, we found a fun playground to pass some time while dad was learning dental stuff. We went swimming, but it was cold! Bella got to ride on a horse. Sophie was too scared and started crying. We went to Squaw Valley and rode the cable car to the top of the mountain. The girls were a little apprehensive about the cable car ride. We went on a little walk around the top and played in the snow. We ate tons and had lots of fun!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Allison said...

So this is why you canceled on us last month. I guess that is OK. Seriously, could your girls be any more beautiful. Those boys better watch out. I here that Elko is a happening town. We took our kids to Park City last year and you would have thought they died and gone to heaven...our resort had a pool!!!
Looks like you guys had a great time.

Mandy Wollenzien said...

What a fun trip. I love the big chair. I always wanted to sit in a chair like that when I was little. i don't know why but I did.

Jean Smith said...

ahhhh...lake tahoe...one of my favorite childhood destinations! i'm sure you have several more random trips planned this year...can't wait to hear about your adventures...you travelin fools!