Sunday, June 29, 2008

Girls Camp

I had the chance to go to Girls Camp this year with the Young Women in our ward. I was only there for 2 days and 1 night, but it was so fun. They are amazing and I have learned so much from them in the past year. This has truly been the best calling I've ever had. We were at the Heber Valley Camp this year and apparently it was very nice accommodations compared to where we usually go. I don't have much to compare it to, but it seemed like my kind of camping...flushing toilets, showers, cabins. Erin and I got mistaken as some of the Young Women a couple of times. Do I look like I'm 14??


Ashley starting the fire for the group.

Erin and I taking pics of ourselves!


Some of our 4th year hikers returning. What cute girls!


Hanging out in the cabin

2 comments:

Mandy Wollenzien said...

How fun to work with the young women. I had no idea that is your calling. I bet they just love you. I'm in town so we need to figure out a day to visit. Maybe you could bring your girls down to my parents house. I don't have a car so this make traveling difficult. I'm glad you liked girls camp.

Todd and Melissa said...

Sounds fun! Our ward is on trek right now and that means no girls camp for us this year. I've heard the Heber Valley camp is really nice, and I think we're going to try and go there next year. Glad you had fun!

P.S. I am constantly mistaken for one of the young women, so I know how you feel! :)