We started out our 4th of July festivities at our cute neighbors the Turner's. They put on a firework party every year complete with sparklers for the kids and ice cream cones for everyone. Soph was a little nervous about the big loud sounds, but warmed up as the night went on. Ben decided to be a pyro with our neighbor, Asher (cute pic Shauna that I stole from you of Ben and Asher). They had fun lighting up all the fireworks for everyone to enjoy. On Sunday, the Laws had a few more fireworks that all the kids enjoyed.
Then, bright and early Monday morning we headed up to Hyrum. Ben and my dad ran the Blacksmith Fork 15K Freedom Run. They both did awesome! Ben ran a 1:15 and my dad ran a 1:05. Congrats on a good race!

Then, off to the Kaysville parade we headed. I don't know when Kaysville became so huge, but I can't believe all the people now. It was not like this when I was growing up. I tried to talk the kids out of going, but no go. They love, so I endure. Sam loved the parade and all the activity. Loud sounds are not terrifying to him like they are for Sophie. Just as the parade ended it began to rain. We went and got our traditional pizza for lunch and ate it at papa's house instead of the pool until the rain stopped. Then we went swimming at papa's pool. It ended up being great! Later, we ended our day at Joel and Whitney's for a bbq and more fireworks. We were pooped by the end of it!


No comments:
Post a Comment