Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's a race!!!

Last weekend I ran the Top of Utah 1/2 marathon. I missed my goal by less than a minute. Bummer! I'm blaming it on the sickness (got a cold 2 days before the race)...or atleast that's what I'm telling myself. Oh well, I was still happy to finish!
I just got back from my weekend in Southern Utah where I ran the RedRock Relay. There are 12 members on a team and you each run 3 legs. It started up at Brianhead and ended near Snow Canyon at a school. It was 180 total miles. My first leg was pure torture through the forest up by Brianhead. Leave it to me to take a wrong turn and then have to back track. Glad I ran into a hunter on the path! Leg 2 ended up being a mile shorter than I anticipated...nice surprise for me! I had a cow cross the road right in front of me and stare me down on that leg. I was afraid it would start charging me. Luckily it didn't. My last leg I ran on a trail in the pitch black. Let's just say it made me run a little faster than normal because it was a little bit scary. They added my mile back because this leg was a mile longer than I thought. Not a great surprise! Such a great feeling when you finish, but you wonder why you are so crazy when you have to hop out and run in the middle of the night on no sleep. Now that it is all said and done it was FUN! Our team "Hooligans on the Rocks" finished in 28:42:00. Thanks for the craziness Natalie!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

AIMEE said...

Congrats my cute Sonali! You are the bomb!!!

Our Family News said...

All I can say is----you are awesome!!!

Allison said...

Following in Daddy's footsteps. I bet he is so proud. S-you are a running fool. You totally rock!!!

Melanie said...

Wahoo for S!!!! I'm glad you made it through the scary parts unscathed - lol