Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gotta love fresh powder

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go enjoy some of the fresh powder up at my favorite ski resort Snowbasin. Since my crippled hubby couldn't go I tagged along with my friends, Todd and Spence. They were kind enough to let me join them and I had a blast. They definitely kicked my butt, but I had a great time. Let's just say I can still "feel the burn" in the quads! I learned a few things on this blissful day:

1-I'm not as young or adventurous as I used to be
2-I think way too much about the responsibility that awaits at home, thus not wanting to get hurt
3-Maybe I've just turned into a wussy mom skier (It's a horrible realization)!
4-The recent years of skiing only 1x per year is not helping the cause
5-Last but not least, I am so outdated in the gear!




Why didn't anyone tell me the goggles are like 10x too big for me!

This is for you Meliss and Jules!

5 comments:

Todd and Melissa said...

Glad you guys had fun! Todd said it was a great day and loved it. :)

Kierstin said...

What the freak is up with your goggles!?! Those are hilarious :)

Kierstin said...

What the freak is up with your goggles!?! Those are hilarious :)

Jean Smith said...

ahhhh...this brings back the memories. i'm horrified to say that i think the last time i went skiing was when you and i went to snowbasin...eek.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Cute pic of the boys - I am going to copy and save. Glad you had fun - Spence loved it too - and your goggles aren't as bad as the "kid" ones I used over Christmas:)