Ben and I just had the opportunity to go to the 13th Annual Crown Council Event in Nashville, TN. We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. It is a city in itself. The hotel is full of atriums, rivers, flowers, etc. By the end, I think we figured out how to actually find our room without getting lost.


Our room overlooked the river. You could take a riverboat around the grounds.
A view of one of the sections of the hotel and the atriums
Wildhorse Saloon
The first night we had an incredible event at the Wildhorse Saloon. One of the dentists involved with the Crown Council is the dentist for many Country Music Stars. He asked all of these stars to donate their time for this fundraiser dinner/entertainment night. We had appoximately 10 musicians come and perform. Some were up and coming stars and some are already there. Some of the musicians that performed were: Shannon Brown, Jessica Andrews, Lady Antebellum, Gunner Nelson (rocker from Junior High days), Chris Young, Mica Roberts, Dierks Bentley, and Ronnie Dunn (Brooks&Dunn).


Dierks Bentley performing
African Children's Choir
The second night we had an Awards Dinner and Formal Night. We had a surprise performance by the African Children's Choir which was AWESOME!!! These kids are ages 7-11 and to participate in the choir have had to lose 1 of their parents. They had the most beautiful smiles and amazing spirits.


African Children's Choir

Grand Ole Opry
The last night we were in Nashville we had an incredible opportunity to have a private concert with Garth Brooks. One of the Crown Council dentists is affiliated with Garth Brooks and they have worked together to raise money for Smiles for Life and Teammates for Kids. Garth donated his time to come and perform for our group in thanks to these charitable efforts. The whole Grand Ole Opry was reserved for the Crown Council private concert. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever been to in my life. Garth was so personal to our group. We felt like he was just up there talking to us. He played for 3 1/2 hours. He took requests and sang so many of our favorite songs. All I can say is.....AMAZING!!!!

Ben and I in front of the Grand Ole Opry

You cannot have a bad seat!
Garth Brooks performing
10 comments:
It looks amazing! You look really pretty in every picture and I love that pink shirt in the very last picture...sooo cute, is that the one you bought when you went shopping? it looks great!
WOW! Can I be you right now? I NEED A VACATION - that looked like a lot of fun!
did you get my nasty message about you going on vacation AGAIN??? hee hee...you know i love you...i'm just jealous of your many travels. anyway, it looks like so much fun there in nashville. go hicks!
by the way, you look hot in your pictures...
What a fun weekend. But Country reallY? I'm glad you had a good time listening to Garth For 3 hours.
I am jealous--looks like it was a fun trip...Kid free! :0)
How fun! The place you stayed in is totally amazing. I'm sure Todd will now try to find some super deal so we can somehow stay there on a future vacation. :)
Sonal,
Call me or something. I'm back with pictures of the cruise. You guys are going to love St. Thomas. I am ready to go again!
I neeeeeed a vacation too! My BFF is moving there this summer!! i will miss you Charity. :(
We sent y'all a New Years Card & I guess we just don't know your address. I was returned. e-mail us ok...
What a fun trip you guys got to take! And no kids right??? I found your site on Todd and Melissa's, so I thought I would say HI!
Post a Comment