Monday, October 27, 2008

Back to Where it all Began

This past weekend Ben and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary! Our official anniversary is not until Dec. 29, however, I am leaving on a big trip (without Ben) the day before our anniversary (topic for another upcoming post)....thus the celebration at this earlier date. So 10 years later, we decided to go back to where it all began....Sundance!

Our forever journey began on June 13, 1998 when we got engaged. We actually began the day driving past Sundance to a place called Cascade Springs. It is a bunch of natural springs and there are tons of walkways and bridges built around them. It's a really cool place.
My observations:
1. My memory of Cascade Springs is quite different than the actual place. It could be the difference of being there in June vs. October (much more green in June)
2. It could be that 10 years is a long time and I am realizing that my memory is not as great as it used to be!



At Cascade Springs


After we left Cascade Springs, we found a cool ampitheater just outside of Sundance where we had lunch. It was very green and lush and kind of misty that day. It was a very cool atmosphere. Ben had packed a homemade lunch complete with all the trimmings. Very sweet. Then we decided to go for a hike at Sundance. We hiked up the mountain. In my memory it was about 3/4 of the way to the top of the mountain. Now, revisiting the same mountain...I'm pretty sure it was more like 1/4 of the way to the top. In any event, Ben was frustrated then that I didn't want to go all the way to the top....How was I supposed to know he was going to propose? So after I confessed how tired I was...Ben finally gave in and began his rambling. Again, had no idea what he was talking about. He started talking about this not being the temple....finally, he pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him. It all made perfect sense at that point! I, of course, was beaming with JOY!
It was fun returning to Sundance and remembering how we have gotten to where we are now. It has been a wonderful journey so far...can't wait for the rest!
Happy Anniversary Honey!

Above 3 pics all at Sundance

4 comments:

Jean Smith said...

looks like so much fun! HAPPY ANNI to my cute friends!!!

Todd and Melissa said...

How fun to "retrace" your steps. What a great way to celebrate!

spike said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Are we really that old?

Tawna Searle said...

That's awesome. My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary in September! I don't think we did anything, pathetic. What a great way to celebrate you're 10 year! what a journey hu? makes me feel a little old when you hit 10 years married doesn't it. But it has all been worth it.